The SEPPINEAU foundation bitch was WILLI-WAW'S GALE OF CUPID from Mrs. Mildred Morton in Conway, New Hampshire. GALE was sired by Keith Bryar's well known leader "Beaver" BOYARKA OF SEPPALA out of WILLI-WAW'S CUPID OF VIXEN, a daughter of NANUK OF SEPPALA. In 1972 Gary was lucky enough to acquire Sprungers McFaul dog VANKA. He later obtained MALAMAK'S OKLEASIK from me, and from others two of the SEPSEQUEL litter, GYRO and MOKA. With this foundation some ten litters were eventually bred, making a substantial contribution to the renewal of the Seppala population during the critical 1970s decade.
To summarise the SEPPINEAU foundation:
- MIKIUK TUKTU TORNYAK (BRYAR'S SILVER x BRYAR'S QUEEN), male, used at stud.
- VANKA OF SEPPALA 3rd (ROLO OF SEPPALA x KAMA OF SEPPALA 2nd), McFaul male acquired as a stud dog.
- MALAMAK'S OKLEASIK (MALAMAK'S GIBO x CHUGACH OF SEPPALA), McDougall male acquired as a stud dog.
- GYRO OF SEPSEQUEL (MALAMAK'S EGO x EMBER OF SNOW MYTH), male.
- WILLI-WAW'S GALE OF CUPID (BOYARKA OF SEPPALA x WILLI-WAW'S CUPID OF VIXEN), female.
- MOKA OF SEPSEQUEL (MALAMAK'S EGO x EMBER OF SNOW MYTH), female.
Like the MARKOVO kennels, SEPPINEAU was not in operation for very long; the last known litters were in 1978. Nevertheless, Egelstons' breeding was important for the additional genetic breadth and depth that it gave to the small Seppala population of the 1970s. Doug Willett has long ridiculed Egelston, his dogs, and his kennel; to me that betrays a mean-spirited attitude, along with a very limited knowledge of the nature of Seppala strain. Dogs from Egelston lineage such as DYNAMIKOS RUBY, KARCAJOU'S DREAMA OF WINDIGO and SEPPINEAU'S OKA OF WINDIGO made important contributions both to SEPP-ALTA bloodlines and to the Seppala Siberian Sleddog Project.
PEDIGREE -- SEPPINEAU'S OKA OF WINDIGO (Opens in a new window.)
SAMPLE PEDIGREE -- SEPPINEAU influence: XPACE OF SEPPALTA (Opens in a new window.)
SAMPLE PEDIGREE -- SEPPINEAU influence: KARCAJOU'S DREAMA OF WINDIGO (Opens in a new window.)